Monday, November 16, 2009

Or

Static at first, then it tunes in.
Country?!? Of all the...
If I would have known
would it change my choice?
I already counted back
seems I got too far.
Should I be able to hear?
Clinking. A woman's voice.
Not the master. Stronger.
Sounds official but
why can I hear.
It's a given, I know.
That and smell.
Both are gifts
I wish were taken.
Scratching, cutting, scraping.
Should have chewed them off.
Can't scream, growl, or whimper.
Why can I hear?
Not the Country, the cutting.
And the laughing.
No sensation of cold
yet I feel chill.
I sensed his confidence.
That's why I didn't bite.
No I'm not so sure.
More cutting, I feel it.
Why can I feel?
I wish it were a dream.
Or nightmare from which
I could wake
and stop feeling
and stop smelling
and stop hearing
This should have been easier.



No comments: