Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Updated Statuseses Last Entry

From now on I will post in both placed.

Oromaxillofacial surgeons correct a wide spectrum of diseases, injuries and defects in the head, neck, face, jaws. I think we should adopt this naming convention for every job where we list every job function right in the title. It may be hazardous for some jobs, though. Citysitonmybuttdrivingagovernmenttrucknappingoccasionallyandworkonceinawhile Worker becomes a little difficult to fit on a business card.

I say we come up with derogatory terms for everything and use those words all the time. That way we become desensatized to them. This way nobody ever takes offense at them ever again. Political correctness becomes a thing of the past. I call this the "Sneetch" Principal. Haiku topics: The Thrill of Victory -or- The Agony of Defeat.

In the wake of the pest control guy, there is a litany of entymological corpses on my office floor that would horrify even the most casual Ahimsa practitioner.

I hope my haircut scabs over pretty soon. Note to self: 1) you shouldn't have to heal from a haircut, and B) I should consider paying more than $7 for said haircut. Maybe those two realizations are related.

In certain circles, squares angle for power. Me? I prefer dodecahedrons. This explains why my smoking' hot wife and I may not have chemistry but we certainly have geometry. Our love is somewhere between a cyclic quadrilateral and a spherical polygon.

Randomizing music is a Janusian beast - one moment bringing uncanny delight and the next vexing with esoteric hatred. I think right after Mike Jackson died he was granted the ability to control the randomizer function of my iPod as I heard more MJ then than ever before - although this may be the phenomenon that happens after you buy a new car and then start seeing the same model on the road constantly...

24 years ago today 1 + 1 = 1. I love you my smokin' hot wife! Happy Anniversary - you deserve better but you're stuck with me for at least 24 more. According to Wikipedia (which cannot be wrong) 24th anniversary is "Opal." I'll wait for next year as silver seems more legit...

So: All too often I see the odd soccer/football/basketball/spelling bee player gesture toward the sky with hands pressed together in "prayer" fashion praising a higher power for their ability to succeed. My issue is not the gesture but the direction. Say an American, an Australian, and a Mongolian cribbage player simultaneously achieve greatness and simultaneously point upward. Which one hits their target?

So: If you live in the Phoenix Metro area you know that it will be 110 degrees today. My issue is not the temperature but the disgust smokers have for their own smoke. Even though it is 110 outside, I see smokers with their window down hanging the cig. outside in an apparent attempt to air out their car. I suppose there are other reasons to roll down the window in inclement weather as well..

No comments: