Wednesday, July 07, 2010

The Making of...

Facebook | Jeff Crandall

Movieland Bucketlist #22: Blinded by the light, I pull my way to freedom. The lines on my face are deep and unfamiliar. The only time I saw my reflection in the last 27 years was in a pool of sweat on the stone prison floor. To escape, I wove a rope from the hair I found in my food, or that which I was able to harvest from passing rats. I can't decide what I missed more: Mexican food or movie-house popcorn..."

The making of Movieland Bucketlist #22. I have long been a fan of movies. I think there are quite a few things that happen in movies that I would like to do: run on top of a moving train, slide in the mud down a long hill into a ravine, or kiss my smokin' hot wife just before exiting the gondola, skiing down the Swiss Alps with my AK-47 in hand spraying bad guys with a shower of bullets, and then slide on in to the lodge where I order up a hot chocolate with those little miniature marshmallows on top only to be greeted by my arch nemesis holding a mug and a Glock. Fortunately my smokin' hot wife emerges from the other door and takes Ms. Nemesis out and I manage to catch the mug without spilling a drop.

So, #22 starts out with me in prison harvesting any material available to weave a rope that I can use to escape. After wrongfully being incarcerated for 27 years I can think of so many other things that would be important to me that the two most trivial things - Mexican food and popcorn - seem ridiculously appropriate thereby amusing to me.

I often write things just to amuse myself.

1 comment:

givEmKeL said...

always wanted to brush my teeth with a dry towel under those circumstances. 8-]